"People told me i couldn't kill Nicholson, so I casted him in two roles and killed him off twice." -Tim Burton

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Finally...actually doing what i hope to do for my life..


When I grow up, I am going to be an illustrator. The only problem is I want to do it the old-fashioned way. I want to paint and go crazy and make covers for books that look like they came fresh off an artist's board. I would rather not use a computer to do it. I want to paint nd draw and glue things, then send it in and see who wants to take it.
The only problem? My parents and even some of my friends I know remind me constantly that if I want to succeed-truly succeed-in art, I need to know how to use the modern day technology. I want to do this my way, but I also want to raise a family and be happily married with my high school sweet heart, and not constantly worry about money.
Any-hazel-witch...The Mis-Adventures of Jillybean. I think it has potential. This really, what I have done is not a finished copy. I am going to develop this idea at home, with paint and my own two hands. It's not going to be computer generated at all. I am totally re-doing this MY WAY and I think I will post it on here to show everyone the difference. How my passion IS art, 100%....how I WILL succeed in life doing illustration the good ol' way. Chances are? This drawn and developed at home will look 100 times better than this computer version I whipped up.
Don't get me wrong, ya'll. I put all of my patience into this project, but...I just can't stare at a computer and draw on it and feel that my creative juices are completely free-flowing. I get itchy saying that I use the computer to complete an art piece in my name.
WHERE IS MY GOD FORSAKEN PAINT BRUSH?????

No comments:

Post a Comment